Thursday, May 11, 2006

If your playlist contains over one hundred songs and Winamp's shuffle morph rate is set to "fast", tracks are played in the most whackiest order ever. Merke Merke- Kanda Naal Mudhal is followed by
Korn- La petit mort and then Halloween- Dave Matthews Band.


Five minutes seven seconds later, the track playing now is Space Dog by Tori Amos.
Now this song must rank very highly among the quirkiest Tori songs ever. The song has haunting vocals and piano that seamlessly switch between different moods.
But what is she singing about? I don't know. Its upto so many different interpretations. Tori says in an interview that the song is about her deity, the Space Dog(!) who comes to visit her sometimes. Others say the whole thing is about a mushroom trip. Halfway through the song, she herself doesn't know, "seems i keep getting this story twisted so where's Neil when you need him" she sings. She's referring to fantasy writer Neil Gaiman whom she's close friends with. Tori, incidentally is also contributing to Neil's album titled "Where's Neil when you need him" which is a tribute to his work. She's one of the 17 artists, who've written songs about Gaiman's stories, characters or setting for this compilation. No, he doesn't sing but his writing and artwork will be on the 20 page CD booklet. The CD is expected to release on July 18,2006. Neil Gaiman fans can preorder the CD here.


And next on the playlist there's Elvis singing you were always on my mind..

I like Winamp's shuffle mode.

9 Comments:

Blogger Squid said...

oh me loves winamp shuffle too :)

listening to Halloween now btw, dwnld it after u mentioned it... dave matthews band rocks!! hav u heard 'all along the watchtower' ? awesome track!!

tori amos, only track ive hears is Spark. that was a nice track...

May 12, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

I love Tori. I'll die happy if I see her in concert atleast once in my life. Hey if you wanna give her a shot, start with the Little Earthquakes album.
Dave's version of All along the Watchtower is one the best covers of the Bob Dylan original.
The energy in the track is just amazing.

May 13, 2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger Squid said...

yep.. heard i've heard 2/3 covers..must admit,this is the best...
will give tori a shot then... :)

May 13, 2006 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, try iTunes.
it's so much better than Winamp. I don't have an iPod but i got the iTunes free from download.com
it's awesome(it's shuffle mode too). check it out.

May 17, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

hey first time on ur blog...tried the winamp fast mode thingie....hilarious!!

May 17, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger twip said...

ohhh ohhhh....Im in love with Gaiman! I always get all mushy when I look at his pikchaar!

Lord!

*fans herself*

May 20, 2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey

honestly out of curiosity... why is 'Maybe get myself a girlfriend' not striked out in tis post????

May 23, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger J said...

ok the q is are you still in love?

May 23, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

sayan,
iTunes- Awesome interface, looks very pretty but hogs thrice as much memory



Why Am I,
Welcome to my blog :)



Megha,
psst... I'll let you in on a secret.. he likes boys. really? no.



anon,
because its an unfinished task on my list.



J,
the a is I'm still single if thats what you're asking :)

May 24, 2006 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home