Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Monday. 10:15am.

Revving your bike waiting for the signal to turn green can be a stressful activity. Especially when you're running late to work. You might as well stop revving, 'cause time's not gonna fly by any faster even if you're at 9000RPM unless you fuckin engage the clutch.

So there I was, watching the signal timer count backwards from 85 seconds and reading it aloud in my head (.. 79.. 78.. 76..) frankly, its not very easy on your mind. Seemed like a good time to reflect on the past week.

Last Tuesday:
My boss hinted at things going well at work and probably confirmed employment. I hate to be on contract. I'm on a 6 month contract and only 3 things can happen at the end of it.
(i) You're on board(if you're exceptionally good)
(ii) You're fired(If they decide to slim the team or if you suck at your job)
(iii) The contract gets extended another 6months(if you choose to cruise and do just enough work to get by).
During this time period, you're not officially part of the company you work at and you don't get any of the benefits bestowed upon regular employees since you're on the contracting company's payroll. Its all got something to do with the headcount. They've allocated limited heads for the team in India. But at the rate things are going, its bound to look up.. I sure do hope so.

Friday:
Anyway, Derailed is an awesomely bad movie. I'm deeply saddened when I think of the viewers who pay multiplex money to watch it. I'd be better off writing a review of the aesthetics of multiplex restrooms however, I'll say a thing or two about the movie to warn humankind. The trailers are misleading, don't believe them, for its nothing but a highly predictable wannabe thriller which severely insults your intelligence. Awesomely bad movies like this need generous amounts of nudity but sadly there was none inspite of the R rating. I like you Jen, I want good things for you. And I would like it if you didn't choose to act in such trash at this point of time in your career.
Movie Tagline: They Never Saw It Coming.
I did and I want my money back.


Thursday, lunchtime:
I saw the girl who closely resembles my 8th standard classmate in the office cafeteria again. Its only curiosity that makes me want to check if it really is her. But I can't walk up to her with "Did we go to school together at NPS?". That would definitely be a strong contender for lamest pickup line of 2006. Well.. she's not that great anyway, we didn't talk much back in school. So.. I'll walk by her a few times, talk loudly on my cellphone or make conversation with the caterers when she's around .. that way she'll know I'm street and cool.

The signal eventually turned green and I did get to rocket off the line faster than every car and bike around me.

Wheee..

17 Comments:

Blogger twip said...

Thankee!
Now I dont have to spend eight dollars and go watch Derailed.
The only hard part is to convince my roommate....she lives/breathes/survives on anything to do with Clive Owen....
Bleady.

March 28, 2006 2:50 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Clive Owen is grossly miscast. He looks tough but gets beaten up everytime by the bad guys.
8 dollars?? Save your money. Watch V for Vendetta instead.

Offtopic,
so..*whistle*.. its Aslam and.. who's the other guy? :)

March 28, 2006 3:19 AM  
Blogger twip said...

*whistle* do ya really wanna know?
hee....hee

March 28, 2006 3:32 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Of course!! So it didn't occur to you to tell me? *scowl*

March 28, 2006 4:24 AM  
Blogger Akanksha said...

i was goin to watch it this weekend ..cool.. now i'll save my money and booze instead!! he he :D

March 28, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger twip said...

me thinks you understood my answer:D
hee.....hee...;)

March 28, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger AWY said...

Those numbers at the signal can be annoying...

and.. do i see something between you and someone who's a sistah feminist?
;-)
*sly thoughtful smile...

March 28, 2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Akanksha,
Yep, there are better things you can do than watch Derailed at PVR Cinema Europa. And I appreciate your decision making based on my excuse-for-a-review very much.
Welcome to my blog!

March 29, 2006 1:22 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

anna,
The feminist sistah and me ? *gasp* I just saw that! You could be right ! :o



Megha,

Well.. :) *wipes away smug smile*

*feels on top of the world for exactly 4 minutes 26 seconds*

GRE/TOEFL, here I come!!!!

*rushes off to delete comments where he hit on other female bloggers*

March 29, 2006 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'r like me, man. I never can gather the courage to a sweet girl sitting in a cafe corner, looking at me...
And hey, did Brokeback Mountain came to India yet? I wanna test the hype surrounding the movie. Maybe the censor board will cut off the love scenes. But that's OK.
And btw, don't just sit in your ass when the signal's red. Go to 5th egar, full throttle and vroom forward. There's only two possibilities. You'll arrive at work early. Or you'll land up in heaven.

March 29, 2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Aragorn,
First things first, I don't walk up to random sweet girls sitting in random coffee bars. I'm not just saying that because I'm wary of someone reading this, but I really haven't done that EVER!! Okay, maybe once, back in college.. but definitely not in the past few years.

Hey I thought Brokeback was already out in India. Don't know if they've cut the love scenes but its rated 'A', so don't lose heart aragorn, you might get to see somethin ;). Regarding the hype, strangely enough, I don't know a single person who's watched that movie.(again, I'm not just sayin that!)

"when the signal's red. Go to 5th gear, full throttle and vroom forward"
Sounds like fun. I don't wanna reach work early or anything but I'm certainly gonna try that first thing tomorrow.

March 30, 2006 1:20 AM  
Blogger Whoosh 2 said...

" I'll walk by her a few times, talk loudly on my cellphone or make conversation with the caterers when she's around"

The typical guy thing, aint it.. haha.. Wonder how many times i have done the same.. :)

March 30, 2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger Φ said...

lolz..nice one.. esp thursday lunchtime gig :)..

..theres gud shit and bad shit ..vinceeeeent..


:)

March 30, 2006 2:09 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

whoosh,
Yeah Vikki. Isn't that a novel way to grab attention instead of ludicrous rehearsed pickup lines where you end up looking like a jerk? :D

Φ,
Thanks man. I guess life's like that :)

March 30, 2006 2:25 AM  
Blogger AWY said...

You know.. if you saw the girl and you really thought she was your classmate... You could have just gone and asked her!!!
It wouldnt have been that bad.. if she reallywas your classmate..
And if she wasnt.. well.. nothing to lose..

March 31, 2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

And if she wasn't, I'd be the guy who thought he could strike up a conversation with a line like that. The nerve! Hrrmmph!

Few months later.. Cafeteria.

Random girl/boy: "Do you know that guy ?"
Girl whom I erroneously thought was my 8th std classmate: "Yeah, LOSER! "

March 31, 2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

lol @ awkward silence.. *subject makes efforts not to make eye contact, an attempt so diligent it'd make waiters applaud* If I ran into you in a different place and time, maybe I would've said 'hi', but not now.. I have new friends, a new boyfriend and a new life.. I really don't have the time to revive a high school friendship.. Now I wish I didn't come here at all.. omg I don't wanna run into another classmate, ever!

When I sense that, I just let it go too.


Movie promos: The best scenes make it to the promos. And it sucks bigtime when you realize you've been cheated into watching a painfully bad movie with a slick trailer. Bad movies aside, even quality ones have misleading trailers. A typical example of this is "The Village". I really liked the premise of the movie, the performances and overall it was nicely done, but some of the viewers were extremely disappointed when they didn't get enough scares and that there wasn't any real monster. The promos were at fault for making people think they're in for an edge of the seat thriller.


And hey, thanks man. :)

April 01, 2006 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home