Wednesday, July 11, 2007

PlayStation 2 print ads for India(June 2007)





How inconsiderate of the miniscule female gaming population in India.
A part of your target demographic may be amused but given a choice between an hour of PS2 or spooning, most guys pick the latter, almost everytime. You lose, Sony. There are hardcore PS2 gamers with sexy intelligent girlfriends.

PlayStation 2
-Because your girlfriend bores you shitless

is like saying

Old Monk Rum
-Because your wife left you for another woman

It's not too late. You can fix this. Release another set of ads where a guy bores the girl, shitless, with talk of cricket, bikes etc..
Come on Sony, play nice, now!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rebelzz said...

I think its funny... Well, I am not the target I suppose, considering the fact that I dont understand what is great about a Play Station! Beats me!

July 12, 2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

It's only the largest selling gaming console in the universe with an amazing library of titles.

July 12, 2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger twip said...

The PS2 kicks ass. I own the silver colored PS2 slim and its wonderful. I also own a PS3 which I didn't pay for (gift), so I *heart* it even more.

(If you didn't realize already, I'm a rabid Playstation console fangirl)

Which is why these print ads piss.me.off. I will desist from saying anything further. I don't want to fill your comments space with expletives.

July 13, 2007 2:28 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Someone gifted you a PS3? Wow. I need new relatives/friends.
These ads were clearly made for the US but Sony lacked the cojones to print them there.
I'm sure they're not going to get into any trouble here for telling Indian kids to play games instead of girls.

July 13, 2007 4:29 AM  
Blogger Rebelzz said...

Old Monk rum is not even worth it when you wife leaves you for another woman! I am still figuring out how people drink that!

July 15, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

quarter Old Monk+mineral water or coke+pack of cigarettes+Lays < Rs.100
That's how.

July 15, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Was here when u made a post on Ajith march 2006 :) Hows u?

July 15, 2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Hello Ponnarasi. I'm good, thanks. :)

July 15, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Rebelzz said...

Well, the bad hangover notwithstanding... Hmmmm...

July 18, 2007 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess the gals dint pay attention to the ads, else it would be the Mahila Samrakshan Samithi taking to the roads against psp.

July 27, 2007 1:44 PM  
Blogger Vincent said...

lol appu :)
Welcome here man.

August 02, 2007 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home