Friday, December 16, 2005

A New Beginning...

I woke up at 6.30am. Finished my morning ablutions faster than usual. I got dressed and 2 bread omlettes later, I was pulling the choke, kickstarting my bike. *kick* ,*splutter*, *kick*, *splutter*.

I'm not a morning person. But today was not just another morning.

*kick* ,*splutter*, *kick*, *ROAR*!

My bike finally gave in and thus began a wondrous journey of around 50 minutes which would've taken me 20 minutes, 3 years ago. Hell, anywhere in Bangalore was 20 minutes or less from where I stay. That was then, now I'm speeeding away at 30km/h, calling upon the services of my disc brakes every 10 feet. Okay, 8:30am - 9.30am is really not a good time to be on the roads. Especially when 3 or more schools are located on route.

Do you drive a car to work? Ever notice those annoying bikes which can easily find their way out on footpaths, under the barriers at the railway-crossings, charting new routes through a maze of vehicles, all while you're still stuck? Well, I'm on one of those bikes and you can keep honking from behind that garbage truck, you're not goin anywhere.


Finally I reach my destination.

I'm at the Reception. It looked the same way it did 15 days ago, but now I'm feeling a sense of attachment towards it. Yes, starting today, I'm gonna be walking by it everyday. I no longer have to sign in the visitors book.

You need to prepare yourself for a
lot of changes when you switch jobs.

You need to unbelong from your previous company. The cafeteria is no longer on the terrace. The elevator here doesn't play music. The cubicles are blue. Its a new world. There aren't any known faces you can say "Heyyyy" to. I've gotta start again from scratch. Its a new beginnning...

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Welcome to blogs! :D

December 20, 2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Thanks for visiting, J :)

December 20, 2005 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home